Sunday, May 3, 2009

I'm a bad blogger...

I haven't updated this since I got my positive pregnancy test! Now, in my defense, life has just been crazy and it's not been on my mind! But, I'll catch up on most of what has happened over the past month!

Beta's came back great- 167 at 13dpo, 485 at 15 dpo. Had an u/s at 6w1d, baby was measuring a day ahead. Had a second u/s at 8w1d, baby measured right on target and had a good strong heartbeat. My next appointment is this upcoming Friday, May 8th. I would like to say that since we've had two good u/s, I'm confident that all will be fine at that appointment. However, I'll be 11w, and 11w was when we got the bad news last pregnancy that we'd again lost the baby. I feel like this is a huge hurdle we have to get past- once I know that all is well after this appointment, I honestly feel like I'll be able to breathe again. Every day I get closer to this appointment, I feel my anxiety level rise- it's a good thing I don't have a whole lot that MUST be done at work this week, because I doubt I'll be able to concentrate on getting a whole lot accomplished.

Symptom wise, I've certainly FELT pregnant over the past few weeks. Morning (or rather, evening) sickness kicked in around 6w, and got really nasty at 8w, then let up last week, and now, at 10w, is back in full force. Blech. I'm dizzy quite a bit also, especially when I stand up to quickly or have been on my feet for too long- this was one of my biggest symptoms with Aiden, so it does make me feel a little more comfortable that things are going well. My biggest concern is that I bought a home doppler and haven't been able to find the baby's heartbeat yet- I have no trouble finding my own (I'm not sure if I'm picking up the placenta, or what, but I swear I have veins all over the place near my pelvis if that's not what it is!) I'm trying not to freak out, as I am a little bit of a chubby girl, and know that baby isn't very big yet (a prune this week, according to thebump.com!). I hope I can find it before my appointment on Friday- that will help to keep me from hyperventilating in the Dr's office. If they can't find the heartbeat at the Dr's, I will seriously freak out though- I will be demanding an u/s, and if they tell me they can't do it that day, I might very well go spastic!

Anyways, I'm going to make an honest effort to update this more often- one way I can do that is by posting a weekly "update" of sorts that I snagged from another blogger. I figure that I'll put in my belly pics in these updates too, once I have something other than my fat to show off. I didn't do belly pics with Aiden, and I kind of regret it! So I'll make sure to do it this time around, especially since who knows if I'll ever go through this again or not!

How far along: 10w 4days
Total weight gain: Not a pound- I'm down 15 lbs since the beginning of my cycle. I lost 10 with Aiden though, so I'm not worried.
How much does baby weigh: Not much, I'm sure- it's pretty tiny yet!
Maternity clothes: None- one benefit of losing weight is I was down a size, so all my bigger sized clothes are still perfectly comfortable (even if they fall off my butt!)
Stretch marks: Oh, hell, I've had them since high school. I didn't need pregnancy to give me stretch marks!
Sleep: In general I'm sleeping ok- have some crazy dreams though! Even though I get a lot of sleep, I still always feel tired!
Best moment this week: Uhhhh.... nothing really big this week. Next week is my next appointment- I'm nervous for it!
Movement: Nada, still too early!
Food cravings: Cereal, the sweetened, not good for you kind.
Belly button in or out: Still an innie- never popped out with DS, so probably won't this time either!
What I miss: Wine, being able to eat dinner without wanting to throw up after taking two bites.
What I'm looking forward to: Getting out of the first trimester, and getting to feel little flutters and kicks!
Milestone: This week will be a big one- 11w is when we found out we m/c'd last time, so it's my mental hurdle to get past this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment